Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed. It also describes how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Joint Notice of Privacy Practices of VNSNY OHCA
We are an Organized Health Care Arrangement, and for the purposes of our privacy practices, are considered a single entity, the VNSNY organized health care arrangement (VNSNY OHCA). The members of the VNSNY OHCA are: Visiting Nurse Service of New York Home Care, VNSNY Hospice and Palliative Care, Partners in Care, ESPRIT Medical Care, VNSNY Care360° Solutions, and VNSNY CHOICE.
Our Joint Notice of Privacy Practices describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed. It also describes how you can get access to this information.
The Joint Notice of Privacy Practices explains:
- How the VNSNY OHCA uses and discloses your health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations;
- When your information may be used or disclosed without your consent or authorization;
- The special protection for certain records such as HIV related information, genetic information, alcohol and/or substance abuse records, mental health records and other health information specially protected under state and federal law;
- When your authorization is required for other uses and disclosures;
- The specific privacy practices for those receiving services from Children’s and Family Services or Mental Health Services; and
- Your rights regarding your health information including but not limited to, the right to receive copies of your health information. For a copy of the Joint Notice of Privacy Practices of the VNSNY OHCA, please click here.
Complaints. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated you may file a complaint with the VNSNY Privacy Official, 220 East 42nd Street, New York, New York 10017. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. You will not be penalized or retaliated against by VNSNY for filing a complaint.
Changes to this Notice. The Members of the VNSNY OHCA may change the terms of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. If the terms of the Notice are changed, the new terms will apply to all of your health information, whether created or received by the VNSNY OHCA before or after the date on which the Notice is changed. Any updates to the Notice will be made available on this website.
Effective November 1, 2020; Last Revised October, 2020