Solutions Designed to Meet the Triple Aim
Better Care. Better Health. Lower Cost.
No other community health care organization is better positioned to coordinate and deliver care for your members than VNSNY, helping you to improve the health of populations, enhance member experience, and reduce health care costs.
Enhanced care coordination across the continuum paired with evidence-based tools to identify and mitigate utilization risks
Improved clinical outcomes, such as reduced inpatient and ED events, which help meet compliance-related quality measures
Reduction in total cost of providing care to each member
Total Cost of Care
Improved HEDIS Measures
Reduction in Total Cost of Care for Cardiac Patients
Leadership in CMS cardiac bundled payment initiative reduced readmissions and achieved 8 to 10% reduction in cost of care.
- VNSNY served as full risk-bearing, single awardee participant in CMS Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) Model 3 initiative, and was one of initial model participants in NY area
- Successfully managed Medicare heart failure patients to improve quality, reduce total 90-day episode costs, and enhance patient experience
- Achieved an impressive 8-10% reduction in total cost of care and reduced inpatient events by 14% compared to baseline1
Reduced Rehospitalizations for
Decreased rehospitalizations and surpassed PCP appointment adherence goals among high-risk members.
- Reduced hospitalization rates against baseline among high-risk health plan members receiving VNSNY home care services
- Surpassed PCP appointment adherence goals2
Managed ED Utilization for Health Home Population
Successfully managed ED utilization and rehospitalization rates for complex Health Home members.
- Utilized comprehensive care coordination to address medical and behavioral service needs
- Exceeded goal for ED utilization rates by 13 percentage points
- Surpassed target inpatient hospitalization rates by 11 percentage points3
Improved HEDIS Measures for Psycho-Socially Complex Patients
Improved HEDIS measures and reduced rehospitalization risk for psycho-socially complex populations as part of VNSNY’s Behavioral Health Community Transitions program.
- Using LCSW transitional assessment and collaborative approach, bridged gaps during transition from hospital to community, promoting patient health and stability
- Demonstrated improvements across HEDIS measures, surpassing New York State benchmarks for face-to-face follow-up visits completed within 7 and 30 days post-discharge4
12017 CMS Reconciliation Report.
22017 VNSNY CHOICE claims data.
3VNSNY 2018 Quarterly Health Home Scorecard – Community Mental Health. Data based on self-reported outcomes.
4VNSNY Behavioral Health Community Transitions Program 2017 Outcomes Report.